Thursday, October 29, 2009

Busy Times!

Its been a while since I last posted (and it seems I have been starting a lot of my posts this way), but I do promise to get better and at least post once a week about the adventures in our little world.

The past few weeks have been busy ones and even included a 10-day trip to Germany where we held a memorial for both my mother, who passed away on July 8th and her father (my grandfather) who passed away less than three weeks later on July 30th. It was an emotional trip, but at the same time it was good to see friends and family and celebrate their lives in such a way. Mia was a trooper on the trip - adjusted quickly to the time difference, sat still at almost every meal (which we ate out) and was super flexible about where she took her naps (in the car, on the plane, at my grandmothers, at a friends). She also enjoyed her daily morning walk around the quarter with Boba (my dad) to buy fresh bread, cold cuts (a typical german breakfast food) and of course KOKLATE (chocolate)!

Though I did not take too many pictures on my camera (I left that to my brother), below are a few of my favorites!
Mia and her cousin Sophie hanging out at dinner.

Mia loves blowing out the candles at restaurants.

Mia walking in Maastricht (a beautiful town in the Netherlands) with
my grandmother, her great-grandmother.



Eating dinner at my families bar in Cologne.

No comments:

Post a Comment