Tuesday, December 1, 2009

'Tis the Season

Wow - cannot believe my last blog was on Halloween, but this is partially due to the fact that my camera was MIA for the past month and I feel like blog posts just are not as exciting without the pictures. So, I will make an attempt to make up for the missing posts with this one.



Christmas season is upon us and the Elkington Clan has started gearing up. This past weekend the Cooney's and the Elkington's went on their second annual tree cutting expedition to Petaluma. We went to Little Hills Christmas Tree Farm and Mia got to see Santa Claus (although she was not brave enough to sit on his lap) and we cut down our trees. The rule this year was that the tree should not be taller than Ryan ... the Cooney's followed this rule, the Elkington's did not. I think this was mainly due to the fact that Daniel was too hungover to argue with me when I found the tree that I liked. From the picture below, you can see that Daniel was not the only one hurting - Ryan was soaking up his knee injury and had Daniel drive him around the tree farm in the cart.
Today, Mia and I went to Boba's house to decorate a Gingerbread House. Mia had a ball! She LOVED all the candy, icing and sprinkles as you can tell from the pictures below.

Thank you Boba for a great morning and a beautiful Gingerbread House! Sorry we made such a mess :-)

Happy Holidays everybody!

1 comment:

  1. Heinrich and Mia both looked like they had a great time!

    ReplyDelete