Wednesday, August 12, 2009

It's been too long!

Well, its been quite some time since I last updated my blog so I am taking this opportunity, while Miss Mia naps to update the blog! Finally! The past few weeks have been a whirlwind - Daniel has decided to go back to school to pursue his EMT degree so that he can eventually become a fireman so we have been running around like chickens with our heads cut off trying to get all of his paperwork, immunization records, TB Tests, etc. together so that he could start school this week. So far, everything is going well and he seems to be enjoying the course material, just not the going to school part. Regardless, I am very proud of him for making the decision to do this, because I know how much he hates going to school. Plus, I think he would make a pretty darn cute fireman :-)!

Other news in the Elkington Household (and quite exciting news to boot) is that Miss Mia is going to be a big sister come next March! Thats right folks - Daniel and I are expecting our second child - EDD (Estimated Date of Delivery for those of you who are out of the pregnancy terms loop) is March 31st, 2010. That means that we will have two March birthdays! How fun (and expensive!). We hope to find out the sex of the baby in October because those of you who know me know that I am not patient enough to wait to find out! Plus, I figure there are enough surprises during labor and delivery!

We have had some beautiful days here in the past couple weeks ... that meant lots of beach and pool days. So, I am posting some pictures of Mia at the beach with one of her best buddies Charlie (aka "Carlie") ... they are pretty darn cute together and their new thing is holding each others hands while they do everything - walk, go down the slide, run, etc. So precious! "Young Love"
Cutie Pie Carlie
"I don't really have to wear my hat mom, "Carlie" isn't either!"

"Mom - I am in the water! Isn't this cool!"
Just trying to take a quick snapshot ... hold on here ...

No comments:

Post a Comment