I booked a farmhouse! For one out of the four weeks we are in Germany, we will be staying at a farmhouse in the middle of the German Alps in a small town called Berchtesgaden! I am sooo excited! The place we booked does not even take credit cards, nor do they send any kind of formal confirmation - the woman just emailed me back and said that the small apartment is reserved and they look forward to seeing us. I hope it all works out!! This will be my fourth time in Berchtesgaden - I have never been disappointed thus far and I don't expect it to be any different this time.
My husband is particularly excited about visiting the Eagles Nest (aka Kehlsteinhaus) which was the official 50th Birthday present to Adolf Hitler and served as a vacation home and place for him to entertain visiting dignitaries. Needless to say, my husband is FASCINATED by all things WWII. I'm just excited about the great hikes, scenery and of course the phenomenal food and BEER! Below are some pictures of where we will be:



Signing off for now ... got to go to Little Gym with Miss M! Happy Saturday to all!


SO excited you will be in Germany this summer. I KNOW Sarah will be thrilled! Keep up the good blogging.
ReplyDelete