


Anyhow, to back track a little bit on Monday after having lunch with my grandparents we met up with our dear friend Käthe at Melaten which is the cemetery my grandmother Mia is buried at. As morbid as it may sound it is the most beautiful and peaceful cemetery I have ever stepped foot on. Mia loved all the candles that people light on the various graves and went up to pretty much every single one saying "HOT HOT" and blowing on them. It was pretty cute. Below is a picture of Mia blowing on the candle at her great-grandmother Mia's grave and a picture of my family's home and bar here in Cologne.


Tuesday, we braved the rain and headed to the Cologne Zoo with Svenja and Käthe. I think Mia will miss Svenja terribly when we leave this weekend ... she has become so attached to her and they walk around everywhere holding hands or dancing together. Its pretty darn cute to watch! Below is a picture of Mia and Svenja together. Then ,Tuesday night we met up with Dane at my familys bar (once again!) and had a few beers. Mia and I went home around 10:30 and Dane and Daniel continued up Severinstrasse causing all sorts of trouble and drinking WAY too much beer and closing down all the bars in Cologne.

Wednesday, aside from the fabulous concert we enjoyed a beautiful sunny afternoon in the Stadtwald Park in Cologne. Its this HUGE, GREEN park with lakes, walking trails and even a petting zoo of sorts with deer, sheep, duck, goats, etc. There we met my cousin Angela with her daughter Sofie and my cousin Gregor's wife Kerstin with their daugter Leonie. Below are a couple photos of the girls.


And last, but not least - I have been meaning to write about our rental car ... this thing is the most hideous, space-like vehicle I have ever laid eyes on but I must admit its a pretty sweet ride. Super comfortable and convenient. Daniel has been doing most of the driving because it is a manual, and was very proud of the parking job he did in the picture below - please note that the car is actually on a pretty tall sidewalk in between four metal posts. Now that takes talent!


NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! Mia is in desperate need for her Aunt Sarah so she doesn't have her hair in that ridiculous RHINO sprout!! :)
ReplyDeleteYou are having so much fun!!! Wish I was with you all.
ReplyDelete