We are now in Cologne ... home sweet home! I spent many a summers here visiting family and friends. We are staying with some very good family friends right across the street from the bar and distillery my family founded in 1903. Literally, the view from the room we are sleeping in looks down onto the bar and window that my brother and I used to sit in and people watch for hours.

We arrived here on Saturday afternoon after having lunch at my grandparents in Horrem. When we arrived we had a cappucino and cake up on the roof deck of the house we are staying at - so cool! You can see the entire Cologne skyline from up there and we also witnessed a wedding that was happening at the medieval gate across the street from the house.

Later that night we met up with my dad's side of the family at a restaurant named Haus Scholze and even my friends Sarah and Deaner who came to Cologne for the weekend met up with us there. We had a great time catching up with everyone and it was fun to see all the little cousins (Mia, Sofie and Leoni) play together. I have definiteley realized my daughter is by far the most active at the bunch ... she was the only one who could not sit still at all during dinner. After dinner we brought the kids home and some of us (as seen in the picture below) went to my familys bar for some drinks ... it was a great time for all!

Sunday was great too - we had breakfast with Sarah and Deaner and the Niedecken's on the rooftop and then went to lunch at another friends house. I feel like all we do here is eat and drink! I guess thats what vacations are for!! I will upload pictures later today as we are due at my grandparents in thirty minutes!
No comments:
Post a Comment